Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Tights.

Helleww. It's been pretty long since a proper post and I know its bout 3 weeks to Os but I'm just taking off a few mins to post sth that I've been wanting to post for a while now. Before that..
I got back my Grade 8 results~ The school mailed em' to me. I did.. okay I guess. This close to a distinction and I improved from the last one. What scares me tho is that I've not been dancing for so long. Think when I go back to do Inter Ms Kok would want to coach me for 2 years cos I've deteriorated a lot. We'll see..
Okay back*
A few weeks ago I went prom dress hunting w/ the girls, AND no I didn't get a dress cos it was either not to my liking or too damn expensive. 299 bucks for a dress.. not gonna spend that kinda money. Before that we also patronized H&M, I had sth in mind alr. Was gonna get tights and those tight skirts you wear with the tights. So yea turns out they were on sale and I got em'! Bout h&m.. It's a nice place and really almost like f21. The prices and style I mean, but I still like Zara cos it's a diff more mature kinda style and since it is a lil more pricey you wouldn't expect to find another teenage girl wearing the same top as you on the streets (Cos that'll be awkward. Verrry awkward. & annoying.) Speaking of which, I saw a blue blazer which I A.D.O.R.E but the price not really.. $129. Maybe after Os if its on sale I'll get it. So the point is I tried to mix and match my clothes with the skirt and tights and found out that these 2 are a must have! Because its so universal you can pull it off w/ practically anything and everything. Whenever and whatever the occasion. Below are a few sets I tried pulling off.
#1
Ballet blouse from Zara. H&M skirt and tights.
This outfit, to me, is great for a simple night out with friends. It also is pretty suitable for work at boutiques. Say if after Os you work at topshop or some apparel shop I think this one works fine. Even tho its simple, it gives off a lil formality doncha think? Match it with a pair of heels and you're ready to go!
#2
Red striped long sleeved shirt from G2000.
This would prolly be good for an interview or just a formal event. This is actually pretty common but usually its in one piece. Here I just tucked the shirt into the skirt and it looks similar. At my age.. I don't think I'll wear this often but it'll look great on women. (I'm still a girl x_o)
#3
Peach laced sleeveless from Cotton On, Headband from H&M.
A day out for the shopaholic! Bright colours like so topped off with a beaded headband gives off a fun vibe. I guess you can wear this out on a date or when you're hanging out with girlfriends. If you're gg on a picnic or flying kite this would prolly not be v comfy cos the skirt is kinda tight. Instead of wearing this skirt, get one that is more flare-y and y'know.. let air circulate down there cos sometimes it may get a lil sweaty x_o
#4
Boston long sleeved shirt & Denim shorts from F21.
If you're not in the mood for skirts, tights can also go with denim short shorts. I'm kinda conscious bout wearing shortshorts cos I hardly wear em' out and I don't like how when you sit down the whole thigh looks like an elephant thigh so the tights would prolly make you feel more comfy with shortshorts.
But ofc no matter what you wear it is impt to feel comfy in your own skin :o) You can be in the most lavishing dress on earth and still look out of place. Also, you may not have the prettiest face and still look confident. When you're free or bored, chu can always try and mix and match your clothes up. Like little girls playing dress up :0)
Just be. Yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home