Sunday, May 6, 2012

Italy- Venice Florence Rome

Hey y'all I just came back from the trip and here's a short (hopefully) post to sum things up. The competition was a really fulfilling experience, we didn't win the grand championships but here are the 7 awards we won:
1) Gold level 4 for folklore
2) Diploma of honor (Or sth like that..)
3) Gold level 8 for open mix
4) Winners of open mix category
5) Highest score of gold level 8 in whole competition
6) Best repertoire 
7) Best presentation of set piece
It was really unexpected given that we kinda screwed up the opening ceremony songs and my section got a scolding. Just the previous day Mr Kwei said our set piece has become our worst song x_o I can still rmb how we felt after the competition for open mix. Went outta the audi and almost cried cos you could feel the magic you created w the music it was awesome :') Folklore was soso. So for all you out thr who can't or didn't wanna go to the voyAJe concert you can just die. Teehee I kid. But really you're gna be missing out on a great show.

Trip has also allowed me to get to know more people better. Hahah it was amusing how ppl wd say "Amelia my impression of you totally change I thought you were demure" or "Your childlike and innocent face is just a facade." I'm no quiet mugger boring girl.. Close friends would know (In fact I'm not very academically inclined) You know we're close friends if I start acting weird ard you. 

I brought 500eur there and dad wanted me to spend it all- I didn't. Shopping w shiyu was fun and heartbreaking at the same time cos I'll never buy a bag that costs 200bucks. The furla one I loved was 420eur. Maybe when I make my own $ I'll spend that kinda money on material things.. just not now. So anw Imma start w the pics of the things I bought for myself. Got me some clothes from zara, a bag and a head accessory. 

 Pants from zara 30eur. I like how they sell it w a belt makes things much easier. I rarely get the right bottoms when I shop so really happy w this one :o)

Denim blouse/outerwear from zara 40eur. It's super soft material and casual chic me likey.

 Beige knitted cardigan from zara 30eur. I like earth colors and been wanting a simple cardi for a long time now so yay.


 Bag from United Colors of Benetton. Mom says its a sub brand from sisley. This one cost me 60eur, 7 times cheaper than the Furla one :/ Anw its urbanish and easy to match.

Here's a closer look, the material feels like straw weaved tgt sounds like its flimsy but nope its quite sturdy plus lotsa compartments. 
15eur from zara. I doubt I'll ever wear it out but who knows in e future ;) Besides you can never go wrong with accessories.

That's it w me. The next few are stuff I bought fr my parents (Just the main ones. I didn't take pics of the souvies and the gifts I got for friends) 



A belt from Furla (60+eur) and 2 ties from this Italian shop (102eur in total) It's on the pricey side but I don't feel bad bout it if it were fr family. 
This one's more expensive cos its silk inside and out. 


& of cos the goodies. Some ppl bought heap loads of chocs/sweets but I just bought this much (I ate a bar on the trip) The tennis ball lookin things are actually chewing gum :o) 

That's it. Could've typed out an even longer more detailed reflection bout the trip but I'm kinda half asleep now.. Funny how jet lag only hits me now and not when I was thr prolly cos then I was too excited. Or maybe I used sheer willpower haha. I sound so boring here omgosh.. The trip was fun guys 10000001233894 times more amazing than how it sounds in this post. Ask me urself if you wanna hear the juicy bits teehee x. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home